Are you an artist struggling to figure out the “business” of being an artist? Did you go to college or grad school to refine your talent but have a hard time getting your work seen or recognized in the art world? Are you living sale to sale, or seeking a stable financial foundation from which to build upon?
Top gallery owner, art consultant, coach, and author, Bridgette Mayer, shares her own hard-earned and learned tips, tricks, mindsets, and skills to get ahead in her new book, Art MBA: The Life-Changing Guide to Creating a Successful Art Career. Based on her wildly popular online course, Art MBA shares the business tools you need, easy-to-apply daily steps, and a valuable roadmap to differentiate yourself in the marketplace, gain recognition, and command profits. Take back control of your career and learn the business essentials of the art world today.
In this book, you will learn how to:
– Assess where you are, and create a vision for where you want to be
– Understand your mindset, and re-write it for success
– Approach professional galleries for representation with a clear focus and templates for art submissions
– Market yourself and your art through traditional and social media channels
– Identify appropriate sales opportunities and how to position yourself accordingly
– Understand the principles and psychology of money, and
– Grow and manage your art sales income
Most importantly, you will get a crash course in the “business” of art so that you can create your career, on your terms. By adopting these strategies and skills, you’ll enjoy less stress and be able to grow your art sales income faster than ever before.